A parasite is an organism adapted to adverse conditions that can live in any part of the human body. Compiled a special treatment for parasites in the hair, in case the parasites live on the head. Also, these creatures live in all internal organs, on the scalp and under the skin. This article will focus on the types, symptoms, treatment and prevention of parasites in the human head.
Types of hair parasites and symptoms
There are entire classes of organisms that parasitize human hair. Its nutritional component is human tissue, that is, skin, sebum, blood. By feeding on the tissues, the parasites make themselves felt by the appearance of itching, pain in the scalp, hair loss and the creation of significant discomfort. Such parasites are difficult to miss, they are extremely dangerous to human health.
Every parent and every child knows about head lice, or in other words, lice. The main risk group is school-age children. The main danger of lice is invisibility to the naked eye. They look like tiny critters that are able to disguise themselves under the light skin of the human head, due to the pale color of the body. Nits are lice eggs that adhere tightly to the roots of the hair, making them often difficult to remove. Nits contain larvae. Lice are capable of running rapidly, transmitted by direct contact from people, that is, by touching the head, with hats or clothes. The bites are left behind and are more comfortable on the temples and the back of a person's head.
The flea is an omnivorous parasite
The flea was a former carrier of plague and typhus. Most of the time it inhabits animal skins, but it also occurs in humans. These are insects of different shades, from yellowish to dark brown. Fleas are classified according to the type of host. They are divided into the following types:
- Home: underwear; genital.
- Others: dogs; feline; chicken; human; rat; earthen.
Human fleas are versatile. They can feed on human, dog or cat blood. In addition, there are species that choose their habitat in the form of rugs, upholstered furniture. These fleas are called house fleas. Ground fleas live in the garden, they do not pose a danger to humans, because they do not feed on blood. The main danger of fleas is that they carry infectious diseases.
Parasites under the scalp
Subcutaneous parasites are common in hot, tropical countries. Getting rid of them takes much more time and effort than those that live on the surface of the skin. Under the scalp, wrists, armpits, spaces between the fingers, a microscopic scabies mite parasitizes, causing scabies disease. It feeds on the tissues of human skin, gnawing paths under the skin and causing excruciating itchiness. Another dangerous subcutaneous pest is heartworm. This parasite develops under the mucous membrane of the eye, which can damage vision or even blind a person. It is possible to get rid of it only by surgery.
A hair mite or demodex lives in human hair and eyelashes. Harmful to the scalp and hair structure, it causes excessive hair loss. At first, they feed on dry scales, pieces of dead skin, then they enter the follicles and cause serious damage, as a result of which the hair falls out. A mite on the eyelashes causes the formation of white or yellowish scales between the hairs, as well as their fall. This parasite often causes bright red acne on the face. For a long time, you may not remember yourself, but when immunity weakens, it makes itself felt by the above reactions.
The reasons for the appearance of parasites in the human head
Each type of parasite enters the human body from the external environment. Lice are transmitted directly from person to person or through the things of the infected. Fleas are brought into the home by pets, transmitted from one animal to another, and also from one animal to another person and vice versa. Subcutaneous parasites enter the human body along with raw water, as a result of swimming in contaminated bodies of water, from animals, as well as through direct contact between people. Demodex lives in the human body, without causing any discomfort or harm, but in case of deterioration in the quality of skin care, hair, the use of aggressive cosmetics, it activates and causes the extremely unpleasant symptoms described above.
Each type of parasite that lives in the human head requires a specific treatment. Head lice is usually treated at home. Use the drugs intended for this, which can be in the form of a spray, shampoo, cream, emulsion. In order to choose a suitable remedy from the variety presented in stores and pharmacies, you need to pay attention to the composition of the drug.
Get rid of fleas
The flea is a fickle inhabitant of the human body. She is in constant motion. The parasite, having drunk blood, leaves the body until it becomes hungry again and begins to search for a new victim. Therefore, a more or less permanent habitat of this parasite is the room or the hair of the animals. For treating a pet, there are many medications that are sold in pet stores. And to get rid of fleas indoors, they use different methods of disinfection. They do the cleaning themselves by buying a special tool, or request this service at the appropriate service. Also, it is worth remembering that if fleas are found on an animal, you need to make sure that they have already deposited the larvae in different parts of the house. Therefore, treating the animal alone is not enough. In general, the disinfection of the premises is combined with the treatment of the hair of the animals.
Expulsion of subcutaneous parasites
Compared to skin parasites, parasites under the skin are a much greater nuisance, if not a danger to human health. Treating hair for parasites that live under the skin takes a lot of time and effort. This type is difficult in terms of diagnosis, since the symptoms are often falsely perceived as diseases of the internal organs. Most of the time, they are removed surgically, but some of them, for example, the scabies mite, are removed with the help of ointments, solutions and other medications.
Demodex lives harmlessly in the human body until external conditions cause its active nutrition and rapid development. The treatment requires a lot of time, effort and systematization. To cope with this problem, your own efforts are not enough - you cannot do without an experienced dermatologist. After making sure that the symptoms indicate demodex, it is worth stocking up on:
- drugs prescribed by a doctor (such as preparations with the addition of sulfur, tar, zinc and mercury ointments);
- antifungal ointments;
- anti-inflammatory ointments;
Be careful with demodex drugs! As a general rule, these funds are quite toxic. Therefore, they are contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation, kidney and liver diseases.
Like treatment, each disease has its own preventive measures. To warn a child against the disease of lice, it is worth teaching him to use only his comb, hats, and not to allow other children to take personal hygiene products. In public places (in cafes, schools, circles), we recommend hanging your outerwear on a common hanger, after turning it over.
For the prevention of fleas in animals, special anti-flea collars for dogs and cats are used. Bathe pets with preventative shampoos. When it comes to indoor flea prevention, just keep your house clean. In order not to face the problem of parasites under the skin, you should not drink unboiled water, swim in stagnant bodies of water (especially in countries with hot climates) and eat raw meat. And Demodex, as already mentioned, will not create problems if you follow the rules of hair and skin hygiene, using appropriate cosmetics.
Symptoms and treatment of intestinal parasites in humans
Intestinal parasites in humans, according to the World Health Organization, claim around 16 million human lives annually. Intestinal parasites or helminths in humans can be identified by emerging alterations in the work of various organs, by changes in appearance.
Types of intestinal parasites in the body
The signs of worms are often similar to those of other diseases. Therefore, it is imperative to pass a series of presence tests, determining the types of parasites for their correct elimination. The drugs chosen depend on the types of helminths.
The main types of existing worms:
- Ascaris: the size reaches 40 cm. It enters the body through raw water, dirty hands, food. Ascaris eggs that enter the soil can live there for several years. In the body, roundworm larvae penetrate the intestinal walls, blood, liver, brain, lungs, and heart. They exist due to the nutrition of red blood cells, nutrients.
- Toxocara: This parasite is carried by a dog. Toxocara eggs enter the ground along with the dog's droppings; they live in the ground for several years. They enter the body through dirty hands, for example when children play on the ground or in the sand. After entering the body, the toxocara develops and lives without protruding. In length, an adult grows up to 30 cm.
- The roundworm is the most common helminth in children, it is 1 cm long and lives in the small and large intestine; it reproduces by exiting the anus at night. Lays eggs in bedding, linens, skin folds. The eggs mature after 5 hours and re-enter the body through dirty hands, dust, dirty clothes, toys.
- The tapeworm is wide: an adult individual reaches a length of 10 m, it can live inside a person for up to 25 years. It enters the body along with raw or unprocessed fish and its caviar.
- Echinococcus and alveococcus are carried by animal carriers. Inside the body, they are found through poorly washed vegetables, fruits, vegetables, and raw water.
- Pig and bovine tapeworm (tapeworm): the name speaks of the carriers of these parasites. You can become infected through undercooked meat, bacon, and meat products. The length of the bovine tapeworm is 7 m, the length of the pork tape is 2 m. Life expectancy is up to 20 years.
- Hookworm - Infection occurs mainly through the skin when walking barefoot.
- Vlasoglav is an intestinal parasite that enters the body through dirty hands and lives in the intestinal mucosa and blood.
- Giardia - Mainly seen on the child's body, it comes through dirty hands, toys, and household items. They multiply very quickly.
Parasites in human intestines lead an active lifestyle. Its existence causes certain symptoms.
- Diarrhea: Worms produce substances that cause diarrhea in the intestines.
- Constipation - Worms can block organs due to their size and congestion. Helminthic invasion blocks bile and intestinal ducts.
- Irritation of the intestines, bloating, gas: the products of the activity of parasites cause inflammation, irritate the intestinal mucosa. Nutrients that come with food are poorly absorbed or not absorbed at all. Fat enters the large intestine instead of the small intestine. This causes cramps, excess gas, and bloating.
- Allergies are triggered by the release of toxins from helminths. The body begins to intensively produce protective substances against toxins - eosinophils, their excessive production and leads to allergies.
- Skin changes: possible acne rash, hives, sores, eczema, ulcers. Cracks form in the heels and nails become brittle. Dandruff appears in the hair.
- Joint and muscle pain occurs when some types of worms roam the body in search of organs or tissues suitable for their existence. When they find favorable places and install them, similar pains appear.
- Weight loss or overweight - Weight loss occurs as a result of decreased appetite and indigestion; Excess weight is due to a sudden drop in blood sugar levels, so the feeling of hunger is constantly haunted.
- Constant fatigue is accompanied by apathy, rapid fatigue, decreased concentration and memory.
- Decreased immunity: the body cannot resist infectious diseases and colds.
- Anemia occurs due to the fact that some types of worms adhere to the intestinal mucosa and absorb useful substances from there.
- Nervousness: it is caused by toxic debris from the vital activity of helminths, which irritate the central nervous system. Sleep is disturbed, irritability, depression appears, in a dream a person grinds his teeth.
- Respiratory tract diseases: in case of penetration of worms into the respiratory organs, the body temperature may rise, a runny nose worries; in severe cases, pneumonia and asthma develop.
Determination of the presence of worms
To determine the presence, the type of parasites, the doctor prescribes the delivery of tests in stages. The stool test is collected and shipped multiple times.
In addition, scrapes are taken from areas of the anus. In some cases, a barium X-ray is prescribed. It is advisable that the tests be carried out by each member of the family.
Treatment for parasites and worms
In case of confirmation of the presence of parasites in the body, after discovering the type and type of worms present, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment with various means. This can be a dosage form, in addition to it, alternative medicine, the use of herbs, will serve as a good helper.
The worm removal process can be conditionally divided into several stages.
- The first is to prepare the body for elimination. It is necessary to clean the intestines, liver, bile ducts.
- The second stage is the direct elimination of parasites.
- Third: recovery after treatment of the immune system, damaged organs, strengthening of general well-being.
Medications are prescribed to eliminate helminths such as roundworms, toxocaras, and pinworms. Many of them have a wide range of effects, so they can be used against various parasites. You can also perform additional cleansing procedures with home remedies using herbs: celandine, tansy, pomegranate peel, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, wormwood, helenium, garlic, wild rosemary, pumpkin seed, and other herbs. For example, wild rosemary and celandine are drunk from lamblia; elecampane - from parasites that live in the digestive organs, lungs, blood; pomegranate peels - from pinworms and roundworms; pumpkin seeds - from pinworms; cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom are good preventative anthelmintic plants. Usually they take decoctions of various herbs, herbal preparations.
Compliance with diet during treatment
It is recommended to keep the body on a diet during treatment. The diet must necessarily contain juices, dairy products, fruits, foods with fiber, carrots, beets, garlic. Make sure you drink more fluids. Along the way, taking medications that contain food enzymes will help the gastrointestinal tract to function normally; with the content of probiotics (bifidobacteria) - to restore the beneficial microflora in the intestine. It is also recommended to take vitamin C, zinc.
To avoid the risk of contracting helminths, it is necessary to follow simple hygiene rules. From the causes of infection, it is clear that many types of parasites enter the body through unwashed hands.
Therefore, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, especially after walking, being outdoors, after using the toilet, before eating, etc.
In addition, you should regularly clean your home, if you have pets, you should give them anti-mucous preparations regularly and additionally disinfect them. Proper nutrition, drinking boiled water also plays an important role. Don't buy products of questionable quality.
For prevention purposes, you can take anthelmintic drugs if there are pets in the house, if the place of residence is a village, village. It is also recommended to take medicine if there is constant contact of children with each other (kindergarten, school); if you often have to travel abroad or go out into nature to relax, fish, hunt, etc.
For constant monitoring of the state of a healthy body, it is advisable to carry out tests to check the possible presence of parasites at a certain time. The most important condition for protecting the body from the introduction of intestinal parasites is compliance with cleanliness, hygiene and order.